Thursday, February 19, 2009

Big Winner!

My husband got me into Texas Hold-em 2 or 3 years ago. I really enjoy the game (as long as I am winning) because I view it as a game of strategy and perception. Both skills must be nurtured and you have to keep a level head throughout the game. Once you give up it is all over; you have to be determined to try your hardest until the end and yes sometimes that means everyone else will have large chip stacks and you are looking at the measly 300 dollars you have left. I guess you could call me the come back kid because people will consider me done and I will double up and am right back in the game.

Last night was no different. I had a small chip stack but was able to come back yet again. Slow and steady wins the race, right? I was head-to-head with my husband no less and the chips went in his favor in the beginning but I was determined to press on even though I had an early work meeting the next day. It paid off in the end and I have to say it is nice when the money stays in the family regardless if it is him winning or me.

No comments: